Tier 4: What businesses and venues must close – Welwyn Hatfield Times

Posted in Tattoo Training on Dec 21, 2020

All of Hertfordshire moves into the newly created Tier 4 coronavirus alert level on Sunday, December 20. But what are theTier 4 rules and restrictions?

Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced this afternoonthat London and the parts of the south east and east of England that were in Tier 3were moving into Tier 4, including Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.

Large parts of Herts including Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Stevenage, Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock, Royston, Harpenden,St Albansand Hertford only moved into Tier 3 this morning (Saturday).

Herts local council areas Broxbourne, Watford, Hertsmere, which includes Potters Bar, and Three Rivers were previouslymoved into theVery High COVID alert level on Wednesday, December 16.

As of midnight, all of the county will be in Tier 4, meaning non essential shops will have to close, as will indoor gyms, and there will be no relaxation of the restrictions for Christmas.

There are now fourtiers oflocal restrictions to suppress the virus:

In terms of numbers:

If you do not live in a Tier 4 area, you may see a maximum of two other households your Christmas bubble on Christmas Day, December 25. You cannot see anyone from a Tier 4 area.

Tier 4: Stay at Home guidanceWhat you can and cannot do in areas with arapidly rising level of infections, where tighter restrictions are in place from December 20, according to http://www.gov.uk

If you live in a Tier 4 area, youcannot meet other people indoors, including over the Christmas period, unless you live with them, or they are part of your existing support bubble.

Outdoors, you can only meet one person from another household. These rules will not be relaxed for Christmas.

You must not leave or be outside of your home except for where you have a specific purpose, or a reasonable excuse.

A reasonable excuse includes:

You must not meet socially indoors with family or friends unless they are part of your household or support bubble. You can exercise or visit a public outdoor place

Children under five, and up to two carers for a person with a disability who needs continuous care, are not counted towards the outdoors gatherings limit.

Public outdoor places include:

You cannot meet people in a private garden, unless you live with them or have formed a support bubble with them.

Businesses and venuesBusinesses and venues which must closeTo reduce social contact, the regulations require some businesses to close and impose restrictions on how some businesses provide goods and services.These include:

The following businesses and places willbe permitted toopen for a small number of exempt activities, including:

Businesses and venues which can remain open

Other businesses and venues are permitted to stay open, following COVID-19 secure guidelines. This includes those providing essential goods and services, including:

Public services

The majority of public services will continue and you will be able to leave home to visit them. These include:

Going to workTo help contain the virus, everyone who can work effectively from home should do so.

Where people cannot do so,including people who work in critical national infrastructure, constructionor manufacturing,they should continue to travel to their workplace.

Public sector employees working in essential services, including childcare or education, should continue to go into work.

Where it is necessary for you to work in other people's homes - for example, for nannies, cleaners or tradespeople - you can do so.

TravelTravelling within a Tier 4 areaAccording to the government, if you live in a Tier 4 area, you must stay at home.

You must not leave your home to travel unless for work, education or other legally permitted reasons.

If you need to travel you should stay local meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall.

Travelling out of a Tier 4 areaYou must stay at home and not leave your Tier 4 area, other than for legally permitted reasons such as:

Travelling to a Tier 4 area from a Tier 1, 2 or 3 areaYou should not travel into a Tier 4 area from another part of the UK, other than for reasons such as:

Follow this link:
Tier 4: What businesses and venues must close - Welwyn Hatfield Times

Related Post

Comments are closed.

  • State Categories